INNOGLY ITC Conference Grants
Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) Conference Grant is a COST-networking tool aimed to provide financial support (up to 1200 Euro) to PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECI) to attend science and technology related international conferences, event or activity on the topic of INNOGLY that are not specifically organised by the COST Action 18103.
1. The Applicant must be a PhD student, a PhD candidate or an Early Career Investigator (ECI) within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent).
2. The Conference grants are exclusively reserved for Applicants with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, the North Republic of Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey.
3. The Applicant must present his results in a form of an oral or poster presentation at the conference (must be listed in the official program). The main subject of the presentation must be on the topic of the Action INNOGLY and must acknowledge COST.
4. The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC.
One applicant can be awarded the maximum of two Conference Grants during the entire 18103 COST Action.
The attendance at the conference must start and end during the same Grant Period (GP).
Ideally, applications to the ITC Conference Committee should be submitted at least 45 days before the Conference start date. The conference, the submission of the expenses, and the reporting must take place before the end of the current Grant Period.
Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
Up to a maximum of EUR 1 200 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant
Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses
Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
In the situation when the hosting institution supports meal expenses as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant and in kind must be archived by the Grant Holder along with the relevant administrative documents.
Here the COST Travel Reimbursement Rules:
1. To apply for a Conference Grant within the INNOGLY Cost Action (CA18103), please encode an ITC CG application by logging into e-COST and clicking on the ITC Conference Grants tab. Before filling the application, please consult the ITC Conference Grants User Guide#. For any further question please contact ITC Conference Grants Coordinator Olga Gornik (ogornik[at]pharma.hr).
2. The application form contains the following items which must all be filled in:
– Applicant’s details: Full name, Affiliation, Country, status (ECI or PhD student);
– Conference Grant details: action number, conference title, conference website, grant period, conference start and end date;
– Bank details;
– Financial support to be granted: conference fee, travel, accommodation and subsistence for meals if applicable;
– Supporting documents:
List of publications;
A short description of the applicant background related with INNOGLY COST Action;
Acceptance letter from the conference organizers, confirming the type of presentation;
A copy of the abstract or poster submitted to the conference that will be disseminated using INNOGLY website, social media;
3. After the conference for the reimbursement approval:
Scientific Report, financial report and Certificate of Attendance (to be submitted at the latest 30 days after the end date of the Conference in question)†;
A short testimonial about the professional added-value brought by the ITC grants on their scientific career;
The applications will be evaluated by the ITC Conference Grant Committee‡ and approved by
the ITC Conference Grant Coordinator and the Action Chair.
The selection of successful applicants will be based in consideration of:
1. the scientific scope of the proposed mission and how the mission can support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives (please, check the objectives in the MoU of the CA 18103 Action)
2. the benefit from attending the conference for which the funding is requested with regards to personal development and contribution to INNOGLY scientific objectives.
3. special considerations with respect to supporting COST policies on promoting gender and geographical balance.
It is also expected that each ITC grantee will send a copy of their presentation/poster/paper, by email shortly after the Conference, to the ITC Conference Grants Coordinator of the INNOGLY Action. It will be then disseminated using the official INNOGLY website, social media, etc.
The oral presentation/poster presentation/speech at the approved conference must
acknowledge COST as follows:
The COST corporate logo (available in the COST website media section), the EU emblem with accompanying text (“Funded by the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme of the European Union”), the INNOGLY logo (shared by the leader of dissemination) and the name, acronym and reference number of the COST Action need to be visible on all relevant materials which are on display or are being distributed at the conference.
Prof. dr. sc. Olga Gornik (ogornik[at]pharma.hr), Coordinator
Dr. Anna Bzducha-Wróbel (anna_bzducha_wrobel[at]sggw.pl), Member
Dr. Gianina Dodi (gianina.dodi[at]umfiasi.ro), Member
# The ITC Conference Grants User Guide available on-line:
Template available on Supporting documents on E-cost platform or on-line:
† Late submission, beyond the deadline will lead to the cancellation of the Grant reimbursement.
‡ The ITC Conference Grants Committee performs the evaluation of each Conference Grant application. The tasks include: evaluate applications, approve or reject these applications in E-cost, evaluate the scientific report after the conference, post-approve or reject the report.