INNOGLY ITC Conference Grants
Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) Conference Grant is a COST-networking tool aimed to provide financial support Young Researchers and Innovators PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECI) to attend science and technology related international conferences, event or activity on the topic of INNOGLY that are not specifically organised by the COST Action 18103.
- The Applicant must be a Young researcher and Innovator (< 40 years old)
- The Conference grants are exclusively reserved for Applicants with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an Inclusiveness Target Country / Near Neighbor Country (https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2022/11/Annex-I-level-A-Country-and-Organisations-Table-Version-1.4.pdf)
- The Applicant must present his results in a form of an oral or poster presentation at the conference (must be listed in the official program). The main subject of the presentation must be on the topic of the Action INNOGLY and must acknowledge COST.
- One applicant can be awarded the maximum of two Conference Grants during the entire 18103 COST Action.
- The attendance at the conference must start and end during the same Grant Period (GP).
Open call deadlines
The application deadline is Monday, 7th August 2023 12:00 CET
Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
- Max 2 000 EUR for face to face events, including Conference Fees.
- Max 500 EUR for Virtual Conferences fees.
Based on the proposed duration of the mobility period and on the average cost of living in the host country the Selection Committee reserves the right to reduce, where appropriate, the required grant.
In the situation when the hosting institution supports meal expenses as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant and in kind must be archived by the Grant Holder along with the relevant administrative documents.
How to apply
- To apply for a Conference Grant within the INNOGLY Cost Action (CA18103), please encode an ITC CG application by logging into e-COST and clicking on the ITC Conference Grants tab. Before filling the application, please consult the ITC Conference Grants User Guide#. For any further question please contact ITC Conference Grants Coordinator Olga Gornik (ogornik[at]pharma.hr) or Grant Awarding Coordinator Marko Anderluh (Marko.Anderluh@ffa.uni-lj.si).
- The application form contains the following items which must all be filled in:
– Applicant’s details: Full name, Affiliation, Country, status (ECI or PhD student);
– Conference Grant details: action number, conference title, conference website, grant period, conference start and end date;
– Bank details;
– Financial support to be granted: conference fee, travel, accommodation and subsistence for meals if applicable;
– Supporting documents:
- List of publications;
- A short description of the applicant background related with INNOGLY COST Action;
- Acceptance letter from the conference organizers, confirming the type of presentation;
- A copy of the abstract or poster submitted to the conference that will be disseminated using INNOGLY website, social media;
- After the conference for the reimbursement approval:
- Scientific Report and Certificate of Attendance (to be submitted within 30 days from the end of the activity, within 15 days from the end date of the Grant Period or within a shorter timeframe as per Grant Holder/Grant Awarding Coordinator’s request to meet reporting deadlines)
- Certificate of attendance
- Programme of the conference or book of abstracts / proceedings indicating the presentation (oral or poster)
- Copy of the given presentation (oral or poster)
The applications will be evaluated by the ITC Conference Grant Committee and approved by the Grant Awarding Coordinator.
The Grant Awarding Coordinator will check and approve/reject report.
The selection of successful applicants will be based in consideration of:
- the scientific scope of the proposed mission and how the mission can support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives (please, check the objectives in the MoU of the CA 18103 Action)
- the benefit from attending the conference for which the funding is requested with regards to personal development and contribution to INNOGLY scientific objectives.
- special considerations with respect to supporting COST policies on promoting gender and geographical balance.
It is also expected that each ITC grantee will send a copy of their presentation/poster/paper, by email shortly after the Conference, to the ITC Conference Grants Coordinator of the INNOGLY Action. It will be then disseminated using the official INNOGLY website, social media, etc.
Acknowledgement of CA18103
The oral presentation/poster presentation/speech at the approved conference must
acknowledge COST as required by the COST visual identity policy
ITC Conference Grant Committee
ITC Conference Grant Committee
Prof. Luigi Lay (email@example.com), Action Chair
Grant Award Coordinator
Prof. Marko Anderluh (Marko.Anderluh@ffa.uni-lj.si)
# The Grant Awarding User Guide available on-line:
Template available on Supporting documents on E-cost platform or on-line: http://www.cost.eu/ITCConference_Report
 Late submission, beyond the deadline will lead to the cancellation of the Grant reimbursement.